There are many amazing benefits to being a member of the Navy Federal Credit Union.
The Navy Federal Credit Union, which has over 2.5 million members, is regulated by the largest credit union in United States – the NCUA (National Credit Union Administration). It has been helping many men and women for over 70 years.
The membership of the Navy Federal Credit Union is limited to all Navy personnel including active duty marine and navy, reservists, civilian employees, retired or annuitant. The Union also caters to contractors assigned to U.S. government sites, all civilian and military members of the U.S. government, as well as the family members of the members.
The Navy Federal Credit Union offers a variety of services to its members, including checking amounts, loans, share savings and consumer credit cards. The Navy Federal Credit Union boasts one of the most extensive online services in the financing industry.
Focusing primarily on its members’ interest and needs, the Navy Federal Credit Union could benefit you in many ways.
1) Money management options – The Navy Federal Credit Union focuses on money management programs that could support the needs of its members. They offer free checking accounts with a free debit card.
All money management options of the Navy Federal Credit Union come with a free Visa Check Card with worldwide ATM access, free and unlimited access to Navy Federal ATMs, 24/7 online account access via the Navy Federal Credit Union Website, unlimited and free transactions through over 20,000 CO-OP Network ATMs and a variety of options.
2) The Navy Federal Credit Union offers free debit card products – the Navy Federal’s CUCARD® and Visa® Check Card.
a) The Navy Federal Credit Union CUCARD® – Members can use this ATM card at any CO-OP Network and Navy Federal ATMs, without any fees, worldwide. It allows you to make loan transfers and payments via Federal ATMs.
The CUCARD® allows Navy Federal Credit Union members to pay for services and goods on all Interlink merchants in the United States. Members can receive cash-back rewards at various merchants. The CUCARD® has generous daily debit limits of up to $5,000, wherein you can withdraw $400 cash every day at any ATM.
b) Visa® Check Card – Members of the Navy Federal Credit Union can apply for the Visa® Check Card to pay for services and goods at all Visa-accepted stores, online shops or via phone. Members can also use the Visa® Check Card at any CO-OP Network and Navy Federal ATMs worldwide, without fees.
The Visa® Check Card is perfect for Navy Federal Credit Union members who are frequent travelers. This allows members to carry large amounts of money safely, without cash in their wallet. It offers amazing password protection as well as zero liability for fraudulent purchases online, in stores and by phone.
3) Free online account management for Navy Federal members – With 24-hours worldwide access, you can view all your accounts online. You can manage your money from share savings to your checking account.
All members of the Navy Federal Credit Union can make loan payments, order checks, open certificates, apply for various loans, request stop payments, send e-messages and transfer money from other Navy Federal accounts.
4) Low Interest Rates Credit Cards – The Navy Federal Credit Union provides its members with low-rate Visa and MasterCard credit cards, with high credit limits and no cash advance or balance transfer fees.
5) Impressive rates on financial aid – The Navy Federal Credit Union offers its members with competitive loan rates for mortgages, car loans, equity, education and other kinds of loans.
Being a member of the Navy Federal Credit Union can save you hundreds of dollars. With its consumer-friendly offers, the Navy Federal Credit Union truly allows members to maximize money management programs without worrying about extremely high fees and rates.